We aim to craft wine of purity and freshness.
Above all, they should be delicious.
While we are not dogmatic, we try to adhere to the following guidelines when possible.
- Whole cluster inclusion of varying percentages for aromatic complexity, freshness, and structure
- Minimal use of sulfur and vinification without sulfites lead towards competition between different yeasts and bacteria
- Gentle extraction by pigeage (foot treading!) to release juice from the berries without breaking the seeds and stems
- Ageing the wine on healthy lees for protection from oxygen and to promote a smooth, seamless mouthfeel
- Maturation in neutral oak barrels to showcase the great vineyards we work with
- Bottling without fining or filtration to not remove anything from the wine. Plus, if we have done our job well then these steps are unnecessary